CLICK HERE to request your username and password for MALA24/7
Click the MALA24/7 logo above to access online courses and resources or simply go to www.mala247.org.
MALA Kicks Off Dementia Training Series
MALA is excited to announce its new dementia training series entitled "Positive Approach to Dementia Care." This series will present a relational approach for providing support and services for persons living with dementia. The first module for the series will be presented at the four sites listed below in October.
Participants in the dementia series will learn hands-on skills and techniques for the following objectives:
- Enhancing the relationship between the person living with dementia and care partners;
- Improving the quality of life of persons living with dementia;
- Building staff competence; and
- Increasing employee job satisfaction
About the Series: Each module in the Positive Approach to Dementia Care series is a complete stand-alone training. Attend any one seminar in the series or participate in multiple seminars.
Positive Approach to Dementia Care Series - Module 1: Foundation for Success
Module 1: Foundation for Success: This seminar focuses on Positive Approach to Dementia Care techniques, including Positive Physical Approach™. You will develop new skills related to approach, cueing, and ability to connect with people affected by dementia. Additionally, you will learn about the various types of dementia and unique challenges faced directly from persons living with dementia.
Take Away from Module 1: Foundation for Success training materials will be provided to allow you to immediately return to work and share this information with your entire staff. This series introduces fundamental skills which will enable your partners to shift from simply "dealing with the behaviors" to creating a calm, solution-oriented environment.
Presenter: Brenda Roberts, MALA Director of Quality Assurance and Education
- Certificate in Advanced Clinical Practice in Dementia
- MA in Education Administration and Community Leadership with a focus on the adult learner
- PAC (Positive Approach to Brain Change/Teepa Snow) Certified Trainer
- PAC Certified Dementia Consultant
- Care Partner for her husband who is living with young-onset dementia
Be prepared for a high-energy, hands-on session that provides you with practical tools and techniques which you will want to share with your staff and immediately put into practice.
- NHA: Adult Foster Care Approval Number 489170075 for 3 hours from The Michigan Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- SW: Approval Number 082417-02 for 3 hours from Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative
- Nurse: Approval Number ONA # 21073 for 3 hours from Ohio Nurses Association
The seminar dates and locations are as follows:
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Mid-Michigan Community College
2600 Summerton Rd., Mt. Pleasant, MI 44858
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Great Wolf Lodge
3575 U.S. Highway 31 South, Traverse City, MI 49684
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Western Michigan University
2333 East Beltline SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
41500 Gardenbrook Rd., Novi, MI 48375
Registration: 12:30 pm | Seminar: 1:00 - 4:15 pm
"Until There's a Cure... THERE'S CARE!" -Teepa Snow
The faculty and planning committee have declared no conflict of interest.
Please call Brenda Roberts at 734-525-2407 for more information about contact hours.
MALA 2017 50th Anniversary Conference and Trade Show Gold Sponsors
Visit our sponsor websites by clicking on their logo.