Matchmaker Career Connection
The Matchmaker Career Connection is a free service to MALA members to help make a connection between job seekers and employers in the assisted living industry. Let us help you make a match. All job postings will be posted for 60 days. If the position has not been filled in that time frame please resubmit the posting.
Michigan Assisted Living Association is not responsible for the content posted herein, nor is MALA responsible for violation of state or federal laws.
Director of Operations
Location: Ashley Court of Brighton, Brighton, MI
Posted on: Apirl 25, 2013
Our assisted living facility has an opening for a results driven individual who desires to make a real difference in the lives of our residents. They will be responsible for coordinating departments throughout our community in accordance with resident needs, government regulations and internal policies and procedures. Tasks will include overseeing the everyday functions of departments & making sure excellent service quality is provided. This individual will have a keen eye for detail with the end result being that the facility performs at optimum effeciency. To qualify for this position you must have a minimum of three years experience in the senior living industry with a strong background working with Alzheimers and Dementia. This individuals knowledge of the industry must allow them to be able to handle areas such as plan of corrections, disciplnaray actions and have a broad understanding of how to deal with all day to day operations. You must be available to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings. A passion for and desire to work with the elderly is essential. The candidate should have the ability to manage staff while creating a positve work experience providing the best service and care to our resdents. While reporting directly to the Board of Directors, they must still work independently. Making sure that policies are created and monitored in areas as varied as facility needs and appearance, safety concerns and that policies and procuedures are maintained are key areas of this position.
Position requirements include:
- This is a full-time position with some weekends. Must be available by phone or pager 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Senior living operations experience strongly preferred
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
- Must be able to supervise employees using independent judgment and discretion
- Must be computer literate
- Must meet all health requirements, including TB, pass background checks and have a valid driver's license
Where to Send Resume: Email resume to email@example.com.
Location: A Room at The Inn, Warren, MI
Posted on: Apirl 2, 2013
Loving, mature, reliable caregivers needed for Adult Foster Care home in Warren. Hours available: Days-7am-12pm | or Afternoons-2 pm-10 pm | or Midnights-10pm-6am | Weekends 6am-6pm & 6pm-6am.
- Have experience and enjoy working with the elderly
- Be reliable, have a good attendance record and be flexible.
- Be kind, caring, compassionate and have a great bedside manner.
- Have great housekeeping skills and know how to cook nutritious meals.
- Genuinely enjoy engaging our residents in activities
- Able to independently assist 6 (six) residents with their ADLs
- Have reliable transportation and up-to-date driver's license & auto insurance.
- Be able to pass a complete background check. (all references provided will be checked)
Where to Send Resume: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: LoveJoy Rehabilitation Centers, Lansing, MI
Posted on: March 22, 2013
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our progressive team and serve as a Part-time Accountant/Bookkeeper. The Accountant/Bookkeeper position is primarily responsible for the accuracy and recording of the financial records of LoveJoy Rehabilitation Centers which includes tracking the Organization's accounts payable, accounts receivables, payments, billings, cash receipts, reconciliations, and other financial activities. Must understand basic accounting principles and have an aptitude for mathematics, experience working with QuickBooks accounting systems, and Microsoft Excel.
Summary of Duties:
- At the end of every month, prepare and send out all invoices (billings).
- Perform data entry into QuickBooks of all monthly billings and send out accounts receivable statements.
- Update Accounts Receivable subsidiary ledger, perform A/R research and reconciliations.
- Prepare and book all general ledger entries as necessary into QuickBooks.
- Review cash balances.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast report and review with CEO.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations. Review with CEO.
- Review monthly financial statements and other financial analysis with CEO. Make adjusting journal entries and close the books each month.
- Perform data entry of Accounts payables and accountants receivables into QuickBooks
- Manage expense reports and petty cash
- Perform quarterly audits of resident funds sheets, resident account sheets and EBT transactions
- Prepare annual operating budget
- Oversee monthly board of directors finance committee
- Bachelor's or 2 year degree in Accounting or as a business major preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience with A/P, A/R, Billings and General Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of data entry experience with Accounting Systems like QuickBooks
- Good Excel skills, attention to detail, problem solving, time management & strong communication skills
- Medical Billing experience preferred
Where to Send Resume: Qualified applicants only send resumes to: email@example.com or fax to 734-469-4167 Attn: Vanessa Smith.
Location: Senior Village Management, Grand Ledge, MI
Posted on: March 19, 2013
Responsible for gaining and maintaining budgeted occupancy through professional referrals and community referrrals. Handle all marketing calls, tours, moving people in, community events for adult children, prospects and professional referral sources.Must have experience in the senior housing industry, must be patient and kind and LOVE the elderly.
Where to Send Resume: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 517-627-1946.
LPN Nurse Manager / Resident Service Coordinator
Location: Linden Square Assisted Living Center Organization, Saline, MI
Posted on: February 28, 2013
Linden Square is seeking a mature LPN to oversee resident care and services to our elderly residents, including those with Alzheimer's disease or other types of dementia. The RSC is responsible for resident assessments, developing service plans, hiring, training, and supervising resident care staff, and compliance with HFA rules. The successful candidate will be an experienced supervisor with excellent communication skills, ability to teach, resident- centered, and dedicated to achieving quality care and service. Must have a current MICHIGAN LPN license. Linden Square Assisted Living Center is in Saline is opening late Spring 2013.
Where to Send Resume: Apply online at www.lindensquarealc.com or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Linden Square is opening late Spring 2013. No Phone Calls Please.